Tips & tricks for self-publishers – Part 4
In Tips & tricks for self publishers – Part 3 I explained how to self publish a paperback.
Now that your book is available, you will need to inform your customers that it exists. If you’re relying on their extraordinary Google and Amazon search skills to be “discovered”, you’re dreaming. You need to do much more than that to get noticed!
So please find below Part 4 of my series which provides tips on how to ramp up your sales…
There are literally hundreds of ways to promote a product. I’m no marketing expert, but here are several tactics that I have found fruitful:
• Tell all your followers on Facebook, Twitter and other forums.
• Create a Facebook page.
• Ask your friends and allies to publish a review.
• If you write a blog, inform your subscribers.
• Add a profile to Google Books.
• Promote VIP discounts with a coupon code.
• Advertise on social media and in specialist magazines.
Another tactic I think is often overlooked is to take advantage of all the bells and whistles on your book’s profile page on Amazon. For example:
This is the final part of my Tips & tricks for self publishers series. I hope you have found the information useful, and I wish you all the best in your quest to publish your own books.
Keep me posted!